Kentucky Trio Day Adult Learner Poster Session Rules and Regulations
IF you have any questions about this event, please contact KAEOPP Student Initiatives Poster Sessions Coordinator Tom Rowland.
Students will need to create their own poster on one of the topics identified below.
Posters need to meet the following specifications:
1. Represent original research/information for the TRIO Day Poster Session program
2. Include proper citations
3. Accurately represent the information collected
4. Clearly present the information in a visually pleasing and easily understandable format
5. Contain the following information on the front of the poster
a. Presenter's first and last name and Trio Program Represented
b. Project title
c. Complete list of sources
6. Be able to be clipped or mounted on a light-weight easel
7. Be large enough to read easily
a. Posters should be no smaller than 22” by 28”
Poster Session Deadlines
Abstracts for all posters will need to be submitted to Tom Rowland via email at email@example.com by February 17, 2017. Students and Trio program staff will be responsible for posters getting to the site of Kentucky TRIO Day to be held on February 25, 2017 at Murray State University. All posters will need to be at MSU by 9AM on TRIO Day. Students do not have to be present at TRIO Day to compete in the competition.
How Posters Will be Judged
A panel of three judges associated with TRIO and the host institution will serve as judges for the poster sessions. Judging will take place between 10AM and Noon on TRIO Day. Posters will be judged on the following criteria:
Students may select any of the following topics to complete their poster. If a student wishes to complete a poster on a different topic, permission can be sought to do that by contacting Adult Learner Competition Co-Chair, Tom Rowland by February 15, 2017.